Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Officially an OKIE

I'm officially an OKIE
so Darren and I have been putting off going to the DMV to get our Oklahoma drivers licences. I just hate that place, its smells, you have to wait forever, there are really scary dodgy people and on top of that I can never take a decent drivers licence photo.
Darren drug me down and it was just as bad as I thought, the smell, the people, and of course the wait. They have a number system we were 264 and 265, they were on 181...that was our cue to jump in the car have a drive around, and go to lunch to pass the time. We came back 2 1/2hrs later and we were still about 20people behind. another 1hr later we were finally called, they go through the whole list of questions...height, weight, eye color and of course a vision test. The miserable lady says smile for the camera and before you can hardly look at the camera she has taken the picture. They confiscated my old drivers license and actually handed me my new one. (cool since you have to wait for them to be mailed in Texas)
Old DL--
Oklahoma DL


So the picture wasn't great but it wasn't horrible, its probably not the lady's fault that my picture looks like I have a huge fat head (since I probably do), but as I was inspecting my new DL, I noticed something wrong...they marked my eye color as blue , whatever lady must be dyslexic.. brown, blue whatever! But I noticed one thing more, my weight was posted right in the middle of my DL.
WHAT THE HECK!! I SO WOULD HAVE LIED!!!! why is this information important anyway?? So I guess when I go to the liquor store and get carded they will not only know my age but my weight!! I'm so thinking of accidentally "loosing" my licence so I can go get an new one that says I weigh 115 i mean 102. This might actually be worth waiting in a stinky long line again!! My luck the new one would have a good weight and my picture would have my eyes crossed with baby snot in my hair. I guess you can never win!!

I will always be a TEXAN!!                                    (even though I was born in colorado)           

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment