Monday, December 27, 2010

Its Christmas time in the OK city

How in the world has my mother done it all these years??? Entertaining everyone, while making breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks etc..
I thought it would be fun to host Christmas at my house this year, and while it was fun it was pretty stressful too. Jeremy and Carrie came down from Minnesota, Jonathan and Ian, Mom and Dad came from Dallas, and of course our crazy bunch made a house full of hooligans. We had a lot of laughs, enjoyed dads "cherry rum cokes", made fun of each other during game night (Pictionary was the big hit) and all around had a great weekend. Looking back the stress was well worth it. I don't have all the pictures downloaded yet, but here is a sneak peak of our Christmas shenanigans.

Thanks to Carrie and her amazing talent of cooking we all gained 100lbs!! She made homemade cinnamon buns, raspberry orange trifle, buttermilk pancakes, white chocolate cookies and a cheesecake.



Waiting for auntie Carries homemade buttermilk pancakes



CHRISTMAS MORNING~~~~~~~

Don't know how Santa fit all of this in his Christmas sack!


Too many stockings to fit on the mantle.


ITS PRESENT TIME!

Forget about the presents---the wrapping paper is FUN






this wasn't even their present, but they INSISTED on helping unwrap it!



What a monkey!


CHRISTMAS DINNER- ham, homemade mac n cheese, roasted potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts (Darren's and dads fav), green bean casserole, and a winter salad. DELISH!!

yummy Christmas dinner. (I actually got to enjoy dinner since the babies were taking their afternoon nap)


Everyone with their Christmas cracker hats on!

(yes MOM, I cut myself out of the picture..it was a no makeup or hair day due to a day of slaving in the kitchen, and besides I can do what I want its MY blog!! I should mention in the original picture you were HIDING behind my head, SILLY!


We had a great time and I was so glad to be with my family, but we were certainly missing our Welsh family too. I think I'm done hosting Christmas for awhile...Brenda I think its your turn next year :) ha ha! Love and miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment