Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cool Oklahoma creatures

So I knew it was coming....the COLD. Our first frost of the year is supposed to be tonight. I'm so not looking forward to this thing they call winter. I'm so missing Houston right now...and their 94 degree day they had today. So babies are in their warmest jammies and I have made Darren make sure the heating was on, now if I can just get Matilda and Tator to wear their sweaters :)

So besides golf balls in our backyard (which the total has increased to 6) we have lots of cool creatures. Some scary (spiders, crickets and slugs) and some not so scary (bunny rabbits-who eat my flowers!!)

I took a picture of this cool butterfly, this was the best shot I got before he was off to where dogs don't try to chase him.



Since we have pretty big windows, I knew it was just a matter of time before something crashed into one of them. This poor birdy was our first victim... I thought I wound name him PETEY -(THIS WAS FOR YOU CHRISTY, JESSICA AND SARAH -inside joke). Luckily I rounded up the dogs before they got to poor Petey. He sat on this ledge for at least 1hr, I was waiting for him to keel over but Petey was a SURVIVOR! I tried to take him some bread to eat, but before I could put it on the ledge he flew off!! GO PETEY GO!!

Right after the incident

Petey makes a recovery


This afternoon I spotted this hot air balloon flying over the houses on the opposite side of the golf course from us.


So in midst of all the craziness here, we are hunkering down for the cold. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment