Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ST DAVIDS DAY

Saint David's Day  in welsh--: Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant
is the feast day of  Saint David, the patron saint of Wales, and falls on March 1st each year.

According to Wikipedia ---The date of  March 1st was chosen in remembrance of the death of Saint David on that day in 589, and has been celebrated by followers since then.
To celebrate this day, people wear a symbol of either a leek, or daffodil.

Your wondering why I posted this now??? its not March 1st.
I know I know, but look what popped up in our garden and I wanted to post it before the rabbits, small crazy dogs, or very curious little children decided to get to it.


Very fitting for our family!!




Look what else survived the frigid temps..



Hoping I can keep these alive-- and out of the mouths of rabbits, out from under the dogs legs, and away from little fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment